Facebook Twitter Google+ Shout YouTube SoundCloud RSS

SYRIA: Will Trump Comment on Allegations of Airlifting ISIS Commanders from Deir ez-Zor?

21st Century Wire says…

This week, the Syrian Arab Army, in conjunction with the Russian Air Force and allied militias on the ground, broke the three-year ISIS siege of the city of Deir ez-Zor and the key strategic area around its airport. Previous to that, all supplies, food and ammunition, as well as evacuations for the wounded surviving civilians and Syrian soldiers trapped there – was being delivered by air.

Strategically, this is a huge victory for Syria and its allies. For terrorist confab ISIS and its international backers however, it may mark the beginning of the end of their “revolution” in Syria and Iraq.

One ugly revelation which has emerged from this fierce battle is multiple reports of US Coalition forces seen evacuating ISIS commanders, or possible US special forces or US ‘mercenaries’ who have been leading ISIS on the front lines in Syria. If confirmed, this would reaffirm numerous previous other reports of US and Coalition member support for ISIS.

Interesting, no US media outlet will touch this story – not even to brand it a “conspiracy theory” or “fake news.” This is telling.

A number of details have emerged regarding ISIS evacuations during the liberation of Deir ez-Zor. Earlier today, a military and diplomatic source told Sputnik News that the first such extraction took place on August 26th, when a “US Air Force helicopter” evacuated 2 Daesh field commanders of “European origin” with members of their families. Then two days later, US choppers are said to have returned to transfer another 20 ISIS field commanders and militants close to them from south-eastern areas near Deir ez-Zor, away into northern Syria. The news agency then added:

“When contacted by Sputnik, the Combined Joint Task Force of the Operation Inherent Resolve’s press office has called the allegations “false.”

In addition to these reports, the western-backed Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR), as well as Press TV reported last week about a second ‘airlift’ incident, although Press TV could not confirm the precice nature of the incident:

“The sources speculated that the airlift was possibly meant to transfer US mercenaries fighting alongside Daesh or the terror outfit’s ringleaders who sought to defect.”

“On Thursday, the SOHR reported a similar operation, during which US helicopters took four Daesh members and a civilian from a house used as an arms depot in Beqres, a suburban area east of Dayr al-Zawr. The five people transferred during the operation included a foreign bomb expert, three Egyptian Daesh members and a civilian, the report added. The developments come at a time when Daesh has retreated from much of the territory under its control amid sweeping advances by Syrian army soldiers and allied fighters on the battlefield.”

The SOHR report is very striking because this organisation based in the UK and run by a Syrian dissident named Osama Suliman (aka Rami Abdul Rahman) has been consistently trumpeting the US-UK public relations line on what they call the “Syrian civil war” ever since hostilities began in 2011.

Here is the SOHR August 24, 2017 report which offers some details as to what took place:

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights obtained details of a number of reliable sources in the area of ​​Beqres, Deir ez-Zor al-Sharqi, about the landing operation that took place in the town, on the night of the 24th of August. In the details obtained by the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, Some 20 members of the International Coalition Forces, accompanied by an Arabic-speaking element, took off from two military helicopters and landed in a house on the banks of the Euphrates at the outskirts of the town of Buqaras, which was organized by the Islamic State as a repository of weapons and ammunition. To this house, and then they were taken away. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights learned that an element of the Kazakh nationality lives in the village of Bursa, A nearby house, opened fire by machine gun on the forces, as it took off.”

“… the landing took place in the area of ​​the Bolil in the eastern countryside of Deir ez-Zor early Thursday, August 24 of 2017, and in the details obtained by the Syrian Observatory, an aircraft believed to belong to the International Alliance [US-led Coalition], flying and landing at a very low altitude, in the suburb of the town of Bolil, about 25 km from the town, and during the roaming of citizens in the area, was seen traces of hair shaved is believed to be from five people, where sources confirmed that all details indicate that these aircraft landed to transport elements of Organization of the “Islamic State” persons of interest.”

The SOHR report contains a number of details which, with the right data, could either be confirmed, or refuted.

Subsequently, some Russian journalists and political figures issued a challenge to the Trump White House to give some comment on these allegations.

Franz Klintsevich, first deputy chairman of the Russian Upper House’s Defense and Security Committee, offered some historical context, comparing to US actions in Syria to previous Washington management of jihadis in Afghanistan, stating:

“As a person who took part in the 1979-1989 war in Afghanistan, I can say that we constantly felt that Americans were directly supporting the Mujahideen at the time,” he added, also citing escape corridors for militants leaving the Syrian city of Raqqa, which is “allegedly besieged by [US] allies.”

(Image: Counter Jihad Report)

For years now, a number of prominent pundits have stated that US military and covert operations have been the driving force behind the rise of ISIS

Recently, 21WIRE reported on the investigation by journalist Dilyana Gaytandzhieva published in Trud Newspaper in Sophia Bulgaria about billions of US dollars used to procure weapons smuggled on Azerbaijani state-run Silk Way Airlines (a known NATO contractor) which have been used by bot al Qaeda and ISIS in Syria.

In addition, US officials like John Kerry have already admitted at a minimum, their tacit support of ISIS, as part of a wider effort to achieve regime change in Syria. Here is Anonymous via Video Transcript:

WikiLeaks released audio from a September 22, 2016 meeting in which John Kerry admitted to allowing the growth of ISIS:

JOHN KERRY: The reason Russia came in is because ISIL was getting stronger. Daesh was threatening the possibility of going to Damascus at some point and that’s why Russia came in. Because they didn’t want a Daesh government and they supported Assad. And we knew that this was growing, we were watching.

The US have much to answer for in their facilitating and fueling the war in Syria and the Middle East.

SEE MORE SYRIA NEWS AT: 21st Century Wire Syria Files

SUPPORT 21WIRE – SUBSCRIBE & BECOME A MEMBER @ 21WIRE.TV

21wire

21wire

We are a North American and European-based, grass-roots, independent blog offering geopolitical news and media analysis, working with an array of volunteer contributors who write and help to analyse news and opinion from around the world.
21wire

@21WIRE

Independent journalist trying to keep it real in an epoch of great mainstream deception... #SundayWire
Top Stories and more... @21WIRE - https://t.co/4sjWskoKLx - 10 hours ago
21wire