New information concerning the defense and treatment of liberty activist Adam Kokesh, since his shocking arrest during a raid on July 9th. Adam’s exclusive public relations agent Shield Mutual, started Free Adam.net, to inform the public about the issues surrounding his case. The website also functions as a way to raise funds in Adam’s defense…
Here is the description from official page of Shield Mutual:
“This is the official Shield Mutual action and information center for the campaign to free Adam Kokesh. Shield Mutual is Adam Kokesh’s exclusive and selected agent for his public relations defense.”
According to George Donnelly, the lead agent of the Agorist principled Shield Mutual, Adam has been under extreme duress since his subsequent detainment and is in need of all liberty-minded people to speak out about his treatment:
“We need to put Adam’s narrative out there immediately in order to proactively defend against the negative impression that is formed in the minds of bureaucrats and potential jurors when drug and gun charges receive national attention.”
George Donnelly describes Adam’s current situation, as well as how you can help assist Adam’s defense.
Below is a video describing the services that Shield Mutual provides for liberty based activists:
Will Adam Face charges of Armed Sedition?
By George Donnelly
Here are some news updates for Adam Kokesh for July 11, 2013. I will keep this post updated with any further news that comes out today.
- Adam was forcibly arraigned very early this morning. He is being held without bail pending a probable cause hearing. Early this morning, he was dragged barefoot in shorts out of the cage they put him in and carted to the arraignment in a wheelchair. He did not participate in the arraignment because he has been denied access to a lawyer.
- Adam was able to make a call to his father. His father thinks that Adam may not be allowed to make another call anytime soon.
- Adam wants a lawyer. He has requested access to a lawyer constantly since being caged. He refuses to go to court without a lawyer. Adam’s manager, Lucas Jewell, is working on getting him trusted counsel ASAP.
- Adam is being held in solitary confinement in a 6.5′ x 7.5′ cage without bedding. He was kidnapped while wearing shorts and has not been given proper clothing to protect him from the frigid temperatures that have become standard operating procedure in America’s prisons.
- Adam reports via his father that the cage he has been locked into is infested with ants. Furthermore, the lights are kept on by the guards 24 hours per day without any break for rest.
- A public defender is expected to be appointed at 3PM Eastern today. 3:20PM EDT Update: I spoke with the public defender’s office and they still have not received the paperwork from the court that is required before appointing a public defender. One will not be appointed today (11 Jul 2013).
- Adam’s phone call to his father was monitored by a sheriff’s deputy standing right next to him as he spoke with his father.
- During the attack on his home Tuesday evening, the flashbang (stun grenade) deployed by militarized US Park Police exploded right in front of Adam. He reports that he has yet to receive any medical care inside the prison.
- During the attack, Adam reports that the Park Police covered his chest with laser-sight red dots even when he had his hands up.
- A sheriff’s deputy informed Adam that charges of illegal transportation of a firearm, sedition and armed sedition are being considered against him, presumably by federal prosecutors. (Oxford defines sedition as “conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.”
- Eyewitnesses to the attack on Adam and his companions Tuesday night report that US Park Police brought large brown paper evidence bags in with them before their search that appeared to be full. There is a concern that they planted evidence.