Facebook Twitter YouTube SoundCloud RSS

Fukushima Frustration Boils Over As Radioactive Drone Targets Gov Office in Japan

21st Century Wire says…

As the world turns, Fukushima continues to simmer – with no end in sight.

Earlier this week, we learned how all the eight water transfer pumps at Fukushima have been shut down because of a power failure, causing more radioactive water to leak into the Pacific Ocean.

Understandably, the public, particularly those citizens in Japan, are concerned about this open-ended disaster and what they feel is a TEPCO-government cover-up over the true scale of the disaster.

But is seems that some members of the pubic may be taking their frustration to a whole new level…


‘Protest against nuclear policy’: Japan’s radioactive drone pilot turns himself in


A 40-year-old Japanese man has taken responsibility for launching a drone with radioactive material that landed on the roof of the office of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. He said he took the course of action to protest the government’s nuclear policy.

The man turned himself in at a police station in Fukui Prefecture – nicknamed Japan’s ‘nuclear corridor’ because it contains 14 reactors lined up along its coast – sources close to the investigation told Kyodo news agency on Friday.

READ MORE: Radioactive drone found on Japan PM’s office roof

The self-confessed drone owner said his actions were provoked by the gradual restart of the country’s 48 nuclear reactors, which is scheduled by the government to commence this summer, despite surveys showing significant public opposition.

A Chinese-made Phantom drone was found near the helicopter-landing pad above Abe’s office on Wednesday. However, it could have been there for several days before it was eventually discovered. The 50 cm diameter remote controlled device was clutching a water bottle containing liquid with trace amounts of cesium – a radioactive compound.

The suspect said the cesium came from sand he picked from a beach near the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, which suffered multiple reactor meltdowns following the earthquake and tsunami in March 2011.

The cesium levels were too low to cause any danger to humans, and it was below the exposure experienced by those flying inside commercial planes. The drone may have remained on the rooftop for an extensive period of time, if it had not been spotted by an employee giving a tour of the building to potential recruits.

According to Kyodo, the police are now reviewing the validity of the drone operator’s claims.

The ease with which a drone that could have been carrying a far more deadly cargo breached the security of the country’s most powerful elected official has resulted in a shake-up of Japan’s loose laws on unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)…

Read Full Article at RT.com

READ MORE FUKUSHIMA NEWS AT: 21st Century Fukushima Files



Get Your Copy of New Dawn Magazine #203 - Mar-Apr Issue
Get Your Copy of New Dawn Magazine #203 - Mar-Apr Issue
Surfshark - Winter VPN Deal