Facebook Twitter YouTube SoundCloud RSS
 

DOJ: Suspect Dzokhar Tsarnaev Charged with Using a ‘Weapon of Mass Destruction’

Teenager charged with one count of using and conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction, charges could carry the death penalty

21st Century Wire says…

Since the beginning of the Boston Bombing, every detail has played out to full dramatic, if not cinematic effect. But this latest move by Washington DC may be taking things beyond the pale… 

According to this latest development, a kitchen pressure cooker-style bomb has officially been upgraded to the classification of Weapon of Mass Destruction.

Yes, you heard that right.

Has someone lost the plot in Washington DC, or is the DOJ running this as a cover-up now?


PHOTO: Washington’s latest addition to the WMD family. Now millions of Americans are risk of being charged with possession of one.

After finally getting around to reading the suspect his rights, Attorney General Eric Holder’s Department of Justice has finally charged Dzokhar Tsarnaev with “one count of using and conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction in the U.S. and one count of malicious destruction of property with an explosive device”. According to federal statutes, these charges could carry the death penalty for the 19 year old.

Critics will say that the Obama Administration is overdoing it by placing such a strong and politically loaded term into the charge of this suspect. The term WMD does fit well into the current overkill of a police state that America is currently experiencing, indeed, the very same one that Boston residents at least, seem to support.

One wonders whether or not the federal prosecutors will consider any of the visible evidence which is currently lying around, and perhaps ignored in this case, including both police and FBI roles in the apprehension, death and injury of both bombing suspects.

Will the DOJ also inquire what the mercenary soldiers and other suspicious Middle Eastern-looking people with coms in their ears – were also up to on that fateful Marathon day?

The public still have many questions before they can get real closure on this latest dramatic event…

Boston bomb suspect charged with using weapon of mass destruction

.
NBC News

By Pete Williams, Michael Iskoff, Tom Winter and Tracy Connor, NBC News

The hospitalized Boston Marathon bombing suspect, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, was charged Monday with using a weapon of mass destruction – and the White House said he will be tried in a civilian court.

“He will not be treated as an enemy combatant. We will prosecute this terrorist through our civilian system of justice,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said.

“Under U.S. law, United States citizens cannot be tried in military commissions.  And it is important to remember that since 9/11 we have used the federal court system to convict  and incarcerate hundreds of terrorists.”

Tsarnaev, 19, a naturalized U.S. citizen of Chechen origin, made his initial court appearance at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical  Center, where he was listed in serious condition.

He was advised of his rights and charged with one count of using and conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction in the U.S. and one count of malicious destruction of property with an explosive device. The charges could carry the death penalty.

The suspect agreed to “voluntary detention,” but declined to answer questions about bail, according to a court record. A probably cause hearing was set for May 30.

“Today’s charges bring a successful end to a tragic week for the city of Boston and for our country,” Attorney General Eric Holder said in a statement.

“We will hold those who are responsible for these heinous acts accountable to the fullest extent of the law.”

Before being charged, Tsarnaev had been answering investigators’ questions in writing because a throat wound — possibly the result of a suicide attempt — prevented him from speaking, federal officials told NBC News…

Read more from NBC

READ MORE BOSTON BOMBING NEWS AT: 21st Century Wire Boston Bombing Files