21st Century Wire says…
On Friday a US federal judge in Seattle ordered a temporary nationwide block on U.S. President Donald Trump’s 7 nation immigration ban.
As expected, the White House labeled the legal ruling ‘outrageous’ and promised the White House ‘intends to file an emergency stay’.
Judge James Robart, appointed by former President George W. Bush in 2003, ruled on the President’s executive order on immigration and US Customs and Border Protection has already alerted major airlines that the United States will start reinstating previously banned visas.
The war of words between the Administration and the members of the judiciary has been stark. ‘The answer is none,’ Judge Robart said. ‘You’re here arguing we have to protect from these individuals from these countries, and there’s no support for that.’
The new lawsuit seeks to permanently block parts of Trump’s recent executive order which suspend entry to US from 7 “Muslim-majority” countries which include Iraq, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Sudan, Libya and Somalia.
The complaint states that, ‘The executive order effectively mandates that the states engage in discrimination based on national origin and/or religion, thereby rescinding the states’ historic protection of civil rights and religious freedom,’ , calling it a violation of the U.S. Constitution.
The US Department of Justice is expected to file the emergency stay on Saturday in defiance of Friday’s ruling.
Washington state’s Attorney General, Bob Ferguson, issued a stark challenge to President Trump, saying, ‘This decision shuts down the executive order right now. No one is above the law — not even the President’.
“It’s our president’s duty to honor this ruling and I’ll make sure he does,” added Ferguson.
It is estimated that some 60,000 people from the affected countries had their visas cancelled.
READ MORE TRUMP NEWS AT: 21st Century Wire Trump Files