Facebook Twitter Google+ Shout YouTube SoundCloud RSS

SYRIA: Majority of Damascus Cement Workers Freed by ISIS.

isis man

21st Century Wire says…

This is an update following yesterday’s shenanigans by Reuters who published a report claiming 175 of the ISIS kidnapped cement workers had been executed.  As the world press ran with the story originated by Reuters, the news agency did a U turn and withdrew the story claiming their sources were unreliable. 

Reuters

The question must be asked, where were Reuter’s retractions and denigration of their “sources” in relation to the multitude of duplicitous and anti Assad/Syrian Arab Army reports over the last 5 years of the “regime change” war being waged against the Syrian people?

This is today’s report from Associated Press:

“A Syrian opposition monitoring group and a news agency linked to the Islamic State group say scores of cement works abducted near Damascus this week have been released.

Saturday’s reports came two days after IS abducted 300 cement workers and contractors from their workplace in the areas of Dumeir just northeast of the capital Damascus.

The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said all those abducted have been released except for 30 people who were guards at the cement factory.

The IS-affiliated Aamaq news agency said most of the 300 were released after they were questioned to check whether they were all Muslims or included government supporters.”

***

INITIAL STORY: Isis Kidnaps more than 300 Cement Factory Workers in Damascus Countryside.

UPDATE: ISIS Executes 175 of Captured Cement Factory Workers, Damascus.

READ MORE SYRIA NEWS AT: 21st Century Wire Syria News