Whitewash: Benghazi Siege could have been ‘prevented’ says Senate report

21st Century Wire says…

The September 11th siege in Benghazi, Libya, that left four Americans dead could have been ‘prevented’ according to a bipartisan report released by the Senate Intelligence Committee this Wednesday.

The report falls short of directly implicating the Obama administration, or former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as having covered up key evidence but does claim that the U.S. State Department failed to provide adequate security at the CIA ‘weapons’ Annex and the compound where Ambassador Chris Stevens was killed along with three others.

Will this incident be used as a call for an even more of a bloated security state, rather than expose those who have been involved in the cover-up of the siege itself?

The new Senate report also fails to disclose what many have suspected was perhaps the ‘real role’ of Chris Stevens in Benghazi, as he was said to be managing over a gun-running operation, when it was later revealed that a huge weapons cache had been shipped  from Libya to Syrian rebels via Turkey.   

The report also adds to the confusion of the story, revealing that the “attackers moved unimpeded throughout the compound, entering and exiting buildings at will.” In August of 2013, it was revealed that there were dozens of CIA operatives on the ground at the compound where Stevens was said to be stationed.


If CIA operatives were all over the place, how were terrorists moving freely during a siege that went on for several hours?

Is this new report just a slightly updated version of the U.S. State Department’s own internal probe from their Accountability Review Board, a review which also failed to implicate Clinton and Obama in any cover-up of events in Benghazi?


IMAGE: (An apparent image of the Benghazi siege – Note the lack of body armor worn here – yet there were dozens of CIA operatives on the ground in addition to AFRICOM redirecting a Predator drone to the scene)

Key sections of the Senate Intelligence report have also been redacted, omitting certain elements from the public’s eyes, as evidenced in this particular paragraph that shows communication between a Diplomatic Security agent and a redacted person or place, presumably a top U.S. official:

After the DS agent in the Tactical Operations Center at the Temporary Mission Facility alerted the Annex security team that the TMF was under attack at approximately 9:40 p.m., the Chief of the Base called the (redacted) who advised that he would immediately deploy a force to provide assistance.”

Could this redacted section provide the key needed to fully implicate those high up in the State Department as well as the Obama administration?

Emails and page headings have also been redacted from this supposedly damning report. In fact it seems that anything pertaining to the intelligence community or any other major government official has been completely blacked out.

Is this the BCCI Affair all over again, the 80′s terror funding bank saga that failed to charge the CIA or any other intelligence agency with any crime, even though it was revealed that they had overseen the bank’s transactions for nearly a decade?

The Washington Post article below mentions that the report also states that: “the FBI’s investigation into the attacks has been hampered inside Libya, and that 15 people “supporting the investigation or otherwise helpful to the United States have since been killed in Benghazi.”

Today we learned that some members of congress have called for a review of the Pentagon’s ‘black budget.’

Is this a side-show to placate the masses, or perhaps is an attempt to satiate our disgust over the lack of government accountability by appearing to be searching for some resolution?

Will we ever learn the full details about what happened in Benghazi?

More from the post below…


IMAGE: (Throughout history Black flags have been used as warnings and as a way for pirates to commit False Flags)

Senate report: Attack on U.S. compound in Benghazi could have been prevented


Adam Goldman and Anne Gearan
The Washington Pos
t


A long-delayed Senate intelligence committee report released on Wednesday spreads blame among the State Department and intelligence agencies for not preventing attacks on two outposts in Libya that killed four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens.

The bipartisan report lays out more than a dozen findings regarding the assaults  the assaults on Sept. 11 and 12, 2012 on the diplomatic compound and a CIA annex in the Libyan city of Benghazi. It says the State Department failed to increase security at the sites despite warnings, and faults intelligence agencies for not sharing information about the existence of the CIA outpost with the U.S. military.

The committee determined that the U.S. military command in Africa didn’t know about the CIA annex, and the Pentagon didn’t have the resources in place to defend the diplomatic compound in an emergency.

“The attacks were preventable, based on extensive intelligence reporting on the terrorist activity in Libya—to include prior threats and attacks against Western targets—and given the known security shortfalls at the U.S. Mission,” the panel said in a statement.

The report also notes, chillingly, that the FBI’s investigation into the attacks has been hampered inside Libya, and that 15 people “supporting the investigation or otherwise helpful to the United States” have since been killed in Benghazi. The report says it is unclear whether those killings were related to the investigation.

[Read the report.]

Much of the document recounts now-familiar facts about deteriorating security conditions in Benghazi in 2012, a year after the fall of longtime dictator Moammar Gaddafi. It fills in new details about the relationship between the CIA building and the State Department compound about a mile away, and details the rising concern among many intelligence specialists about the growing potency of Islamist militants in the city.

“In spite of the deteriorating security situation in Benghazi and ample strategic warnings, the United States Government simply did not do enough to prevent these attacks and ensure the safety of those serving in Benghazi,” said Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.), vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

The report is based on dozens of committee hearings, briefings and interviews—including with survivors of the attacks—and on thousands of pages of intelligence and State Department materials collected between September 2012 and December 2013.

The account sheds little light on the most politicized aspect of the incident — questions about whether the Obama administration deliberately played down the terrorist origins of the attacks. The committee described the attacks as opportunistic, and said there was no specific, advance warning that they were about to be carried out.

More on the post here

READ MORE BENGHAZI NEWS AT: 21st Century Wire Benghazi File

-




facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterest


  • http://www.focusonrecovery.net 2012 Consciousness Shift Resou

    Firstly, notice the September 11th date. Apparently, 9-11 is a time when ritual human sacrifice adds power “loosh effect?” to the ruling class bloodline.
    It appears that Stevens and company were aware that CIA operatives Al-Qaeda were being used to oust Muammar Gaddafi in order to install central bank control over Libyan water and other resources, so Stevens and other witnesses were murdered for fear they may expose CIA involvement.
    Those behind US/Israeli government opened a window, made deal with dark desires, are now involved in sinister plot, don’t trust, don’t ignore;
    http://www.focusonrecovery.net/mattersoffaith/Underground_Bunkers_Bases.html

  • paul

    READ MORE BENGHAZI NEWS AT: 21st Century Wire Benghazi File
    -dead link

    http://21stcenturywire.com/tag/benghazigate/

CE - Fear no Fukushima