The West and their Gulf allies are playing both sides of the terror coin now
21st Century Wire
Over the course of a week, three separate and unlikely terrorist jail-break events coincided across three separate regions. As we predicted last week on both the UK Column Live show and the Pete Santilli radio show, these events are now being used as the pretext for a new elevated global terror threat level – triggering the closure of many US and UK embassies in the Middle East, Asia and North Africa.
Coincidence? We don’t think so…
The US says it will now keep 19 of its embassies in North Africa and the Middle East closed for up to a week, over fears of a possible militant, or terrorist threat.
“In recent days, US officials have said they have received significant and detailed intelligence suggesting a possible attack, with some clues pointing to the al Qaeda terror network…”.
How many times have we heard that one before?
Three Jail Breaks
The first prison break happened on July 22, as more than 500 inmates were sprung from two different prisons in Iraq. Al Qaeda claimed credit for the operation which somehow managed to take out 120 Iraqi guards and SWAT forces in attacks in Taji, north of Baghdad, and the notorious Abu Ghraib prison.
Five days later on July 28, bumbling security spokesman Mohamed Hejazi admitted to the Libya Herald that some 1,200 prisoners escaped during the weekend from the Kuayfia detention center in Benghazi.
The third bust out then took place the following day on July 29, as Taliban and al Qaeda operatives descended on the city of Dera Ismail Khan and walked out with 250 Pakistani Taliban prisoners held there, but not before killing 12 policemen and cutting the throats of four Shi’ite prisoners on the way out.
On each occasion, local authorities believe that there may have been a degree of ‘insider’ help.
All in all, this epic string of jihadi jail-breaks has let loose over 2000 alleged terrorists and militant gunman for hire.
Could all three of these well-timed jail-breaks have been accomplished with such precision… without the help and support of intelligence agencies like the CIA, MI6 or Mossad? We don’t think so…
As the fabled Bin Laden Raid fades into the sunset, the War on Terror has just received a new shot of adrenaline – and the narrative has been resuscitated back to life.
You can be sure that any terror threat or act which might occur over the next 12 months will be blamed by one of these jail breaks. Does the west stand to benefit from any these jail-break events? They do…
Some heading for Syria
With the ranks of American-Anglo-Franco and Saudi-Qatari-backed terrorist and al Qaeda militants gradually dwindling in Syria, western and gulf-state central planners will need to top-up rebel numbers currently being routed out by Bashar al Assad’s forces there. It’s very likely that some jihadist brigades will deployed to Syria to help with the destabilisation effort there.
All of these three countries, Libya, Iraq and Pakistan – have already been key recruiting grounds for the foreign-led jihad in Syria, so it only stands to reason that this trend will continue.
The coming Egyptian civil war
Preparing terrorist brigades for Egypt may also be in the works, so some of these “jihadi jail-break 2000″ could also be deployed in Egypt.
We’ve also stated on various media programs since before the Egyptian crisis began at the beginning of July, that Egypt is primed to descend into a civil war with the next 12 months. At present a number of pieces are falling into place which could make for the prefect storm for such a civil war.
Based on Washington and London’s immediate reactions to the change of power in Egypt, one can only deduce that the US and UK were both backing Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood. Certainly, Morsi’s help in recruiting and sending jihadist fighters into Syria under the Muslim Brotherhood banner there, curried great favour in Washington and London. Conversely, the Egyptian security forces ejection last year of US and European spies working throughout NGO offices around Cairo did not curry favour.
From the word go, sectarian sparks have been flying in Egypt, with pro-Morsi supporters facing off against the military-backed caretaker government there. Supporters of the ousted President Morsi have started marching again this week in Cairo as part of their backlash against the ruling junta.
Morsi in exile?
Since the Muslim Brotherhood government was forced to step down in Egypt last month, the west, led by the US and Britain, have been courting the deposed and presently incarcerated leader Mohamed Morsi, and even going so far recently as to offer to arrange his exile abroad in either Saudi Arabia or the UAE.
If Morsi goes into exile, the potential for an off-shore orchestrated civil war increases, as Morsi will be able to form an opposition in exile and raise hundreds of millions in funds from any party interested in being a stakeholder in the new Egypt. To swoop back into power, the Muslim Brotherhood (perhaps with the assistance of the CIA and others) will try to destabilise Egypt, and one should expected that terrorism will be their tool of choice to impose chaos, which will in turn ratchet up the security threat level within the country – forcing the police and military to impose ever more draconian measures in order to maintain law and order.
Before Morsi’s ouster, he was visiting Behghazi with his suspected motive being the ongoing recruitment and organisation of Muslim Brotherhood-backed jihad fighters who would be deployed to Syria. Weapons transfers from Libya to Syria may also have been a feature in his business there.
Some middle east commentators have gone so far as to claim that it was Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood who were instrumental in the Sept 11, 2012 attack on the US CIA compound in Benghazi:
“A Libyan intelligence document has been produced that directly implicates Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood president Mohammed Mursi in the attacks on American installations in Benghazi on 9/11/12. Those who attempt to discredit this document run into trouble when it is coupled with real-time video we uncovered on 9/13/12. In that video, gunmen at the scene of the attack can be heard declaring that they were sent by Mursi.”
A bailout for the private security industry
The bottom line beyond the predictable “threat level” crisis by the US and Britain here, is that we may now see countries like Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and Libya – all to be going cap-in-hand to the US and the EU begging for billions in free money in order for them to have better “secure facilities”. But it’s only free money (and profits) for the final recipient of the payments which should be on the way soon… after US and EU taxpayers hand over this cash, then the contracts for building these new prisons, along with all the training, tagging, administration and foreign guards – will be going to transnational private companies like Haliburton, Xe (Blackwater)Wackenhut, Serco and G4S, and a host of others too.
Never let a good crisis go to waste…
Jihadi Jail Break: Over 2,000 Taliban and al Qaeda sprung promping ‘new global terror threat’
August 5, 2013 By 6 Comments