Facebook Twitter Google+ Shout YouTube SoundCloud RSS

Payout or Payoff? Boston Marathon bombing victims collect $60.9 million – so far

21st Century Wire says…

“More donations please”. This has become one of the great features of an any major human tragedy in America these days – the all important payout after the fact – in this case, it’s a tidy $60.9 million and counting.

With so many questions still remaining unanswered about what happened that day in Boston, and with so much evidence pointing to the fact that the Boston Bombing scene was staged, then one can rightly ask here whether this is indeed a payout, or a pay off. 

Like with all important issue and events – we’ll let our readers decide the answer to that question…


INCREDIBLE: Like 9/11, the Boston Bombing saw some amazing things that had never happened before.

Washington Post

The charity fund established after the Boston Marathon bombings awarded $60.9 million Friday to victims of the attacks, including maximum payments of nearly $2.2 million each to two double amputees and the families of the four people slain.

Fourteen other people who lost single limbs will receive nearly $1.2 million each. In all, 232 victims will receive payments, said Camille Biros, deputy administrator of the One Fund Boston, which has been collecting public donations for the victims.

The statistics that accompany the payments provide the best accounting to date of the human impact of the April 15 attack, though some injured people might not have applied for compensation. Authorities have said that more than 260 people were hurt in the blasts.

Sixty-nine people who were hospitalized for at least one night will receive six-figure payouts that range from $125,000 for the 18 people who spent one or two nights in a medical facility to $948,000 for the 10 victims who spent 32 nights or more. Some members of that group are still in rehab hospitals.

An additional 143 people who were treated at hospitals but did not require admission will receive $8,000 each, Biros said.

The size of the awards was determined by attorney Kenneth Feinberg, who has decided compensation after other disasters, including the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks and the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill. In this case, the lump-sum, tax-free payments were awarded regardless of individual income or medical costs, and recipients did not have to relinquish their right to sue. The fund is intended to help victims, some of whom face a lifetime of medical costs, with their immediate needs.

“It was always our intention to get them a million dollars,” Biros said of the double amputees, the three people killed in the attack and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer killed during the manhunt for two suspects. “And as the funds kept coming in, we were able to push that up.”

The $2.195 million maximum awards are similar to the $2.082 million average award given to the families of each person killed in the Sept. 11 attacks, she said.

James Costello of Malden, Mass., who said he spent 27 nights in two hospitals, would receive $735,000 under the formula outlined by Biros. He said he was grateful for the donations…

Read more

READ MORE BOSTON BOMBING NEWS AT: 21st Century Wire Boston Bombing Files

21wire

21wire

We are a North American and European-based, grass-roots, independent blog offering geopolitical news and media analysis, working with an array of volunteer contributors who write and help to analyse news and opinion from around the world.
21wire

@21WIRE

Independent journalist trying to keep it real in an epoch of great mainstream deception... #SundayWire
RT @StockholmCF: Turkey's Erdoğan: Israel is a terrorist state, Trump’s decision is null and void https://t.co/wowtQ263RI - 26 mins ago
21wire