21st Century Wire says…
This is the second major attack reported recently from India, as this Asian country continues to reach new levels on the international sexual violence scale.
A very disturbing story, and an even more disturbing trend in the making…
NEW DELHI: A six-year-old girl from Gurgaon was abducted, raped and brutalized on Sunday in Kapashera, southwest Delhi.
The girl is admitted in Safdarjung Hospital with severe injuries to her private parts and lower intestinal region, and has undergone a few surgeries.
The girl was found on the roadside near Kapashera border around 10pm, said a police officer. A motorist found her lying in a pool of blood and crying. He informed the police, who rushed her to the hospital.
She was critical when she was brought in, said Dr B D Athani, the medical superintendent of the hospital. “Her intestines have been partially damaged, while her genitals had major injuries that required emergency reparative surgery,” Athani said.
As her medical examination confirmed rape, a case was registered under IPC and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act. A joint probe by Delhi and Gurgaon police began, but there were no leads initially.
Fortunately, someone from the girl’s family identified her. Cops then got to know that she had gone missing while playing outside her house around 7pm on Sunday. The family had looked around for her without any luck. They had then approached local police around 8pm and registered a missing complaint.
The probe so far has revealed that the girl was last seen with a man in his early twenties who was taking her towards Dhundahera village near Gurgaon.
The cops are now trying to trace the person on the basis of his description given by the witness.
Police have been unable to record the girl’s statement so far and are planning to seek an NGO’s help to find out more about the case.
A source, though, said that going by the circumstantial evidence, it appears that the accused maybe someone the girl knew. He has also cited the possibility of more than one person raping her.
The probe team is being led by SHO Mukesh Wali, while additional commissioner of police A K Ojha is in overall charge of the case.
* 19-year-old injured while resisting a rape attempt at her Lajpat Nagar home on Feb 4, 2013.
* Accused puts a rod inside her mouth 23-year-old ‘Nirbhaya’ admitted to Safdarjung Hospital after being subjected to extreme brutalities during a gang rape in a moving bus in Vasant Vihar on Dec 16.
* 11-year-old gang-rape victim from Sikar, Rajasthan, who went through similar brutalities on Aug 20, recuperates at AIIMS after she underwent more than a dozen surgeries for reconstruction of vagina and rectum.
* 18-year-old girl gang-raped by four men and stabbed to death inside LNJP Hospital in 2012.
* 21-year-old woman gang-raped by two men and strangled in Nehru Place in 2012 2-year-old Falak dies in March 2012 of injuries allegedly inflicted by her foster mother.
READ MORE CHILD ABUSE NEWS AT: 21st Century Wire Child Abuse Files