- Prime Minister stunned by This Morning presenter who hands him card with names he found after a ‘cursory glance’ at the internet.
- No. 10 condemned the ‘trial by Twitter’ saying those named on the list will want to defend themselves
- Mr Cameron accused the ITV programme of fuelling a ‘witch-hunt, particularly against people who are gay’
- Tory MP Rob Wilson condemned the ‘celebrity ambush’ and asked Ocfom to investigate if ITV has broken broadcasting rules
- Mr Schofield issued an apology for a ‘mis-judged camera angle’
BY MATT CHORLEY
Downing Street tonight condemned ‘trial by Twitter’ after David Cameron was sensationally handed a list of alleged Tory paedophiles on live television.
This Morning presenter Phillip Schofield said he had compiled the list of names after a three-minute ‘cursory glance’ at the internet, and gave it to the Prime Minister live on ITV1.
But the presenter later admitted a ‘misjudged camera angle’ meant some of the names could have been seen by the programme’s millions of viewers, as a Tory MP wrote to Ofcom claiming ITV may have broken broadcasting rules.
Watch this amazing clip…
Read more at Mail Online